Important Notice: Our response changes to COVID-19
Our response changes to COVID-19
In light of the latest development of the Federal Government’s ban on ‘non-essential gatherings of persons of one hundred or greater in indoor areas’ and the existing ban on ‘non-essential outdoor gatherings of five hundred persons or greater’, Archbishop Tim Costelloe asks us: Do I put myself first or should I act for the good of my brothers and sisters in the reality of my own life’s circumstances? As a Christian community we must act in the best interests of all the members of our society and has therefore issued following directives:
- Temporary Suspension of the Public Celebration of Mass All public Masses at all churches and chapels across the Archdiocese of Perth will be temporarily suspended from the receipt of these directives on Wednesday 18 March 2020. This temporary suspension of public Masses within the Archdiocese of Perth is in place for an initial period of two weeks between Wednesday 18 March to Wednesday 1 April. Subsequent revisions and advice will be given prior to Wednesday 1 April in relation to this temporary suspension.
- The Sunday Obligation for the faithful does not apply during this time of emergency.
- ‘Mass on Demand‘ (Online), a daily service of the Australian Catholic Bishop Conference and CathNews can be accessed online at YouTube. ‘Mass For You at Home’ (Television) is shown at 6am every Sunday on Channel 10.
Infant Jesus Church
- No Masses on weekdays and weekends for two weeks as of 19th March to 1 April until further notice.
- Our Church is open for private prayers Monday to Friday from 6.30am to 12noon, Saturday from 7.30am to 12noon and Sunday from 7.30am to 12noon.
- Reconciliation (individual) on Saturday is at 10am to 11am and 5pm to 5.30pm. 2nd Rite of Reconciliation (communal) 1 April is cancelled.
- Stations of the Cross for Lent on Wednesday are cancelled.
- Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament on Friday is suspended.
- The Way of the Cross on Friday is cancelled.
- Parish office will remain opened from Monday to Thursday, 9.30am to 12.30pm.
We will keep you informed as more information comes to hand. Should you have further queries please contact the parish office on9276 8500.